All it takes is a few basic ingredients (that you most likely already have on hand) to transform chicken thighs into an herby, garlicky dream. The best part? Your sides and main dish will both be ready in under an hour, making this an ideal last-minute, filling dinner. We paired this one-pan meal with roasted zucchini and asparagus, but you can can switch it up with whatever is in season that you have on hand.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, ends removed
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Step 1In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Whisk until combined then add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Step 2When you’re ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to 425°. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Season both sides of marinated chicken with salt and pepper, then add chicken skin-side down and pour in the remaining marinade.
- Step 3Sear until the skin becomes golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Flip chicken and add asparagus, zucchini and lemons to the skillet.
- Step 4Transfer pan to oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.